Friday 13 July 2012

Friday the 13th

Not really an auspicious day for a beer festival. And the fact it was flooded out will probably prove something to the credulous.

I called in at the venue all the same, as I'd heard they'd decided to salvage what they could of the diluvian disaster. There were several SIBA stalwarts there so I could catch up on business, and I was pleased to hear the festival and competition will take place at some point later in the year, though it's too early yet to say exactly where or when.

Seventeen beers will be on over the weekend, and it looks like a good range.

As I was driving, I could only dip my toe in the water, though the situation would have been the same if the full beer festival with over 100 beers had been on. Having said that I still felt the mini-event lacked a little something so I'm looking forward the the re-scheduled main event.

No comments:

Post a Comment