Saturday 3 September 2011

Back at Shepherd Neame's.

I was back at Shepherd Neame's brewery last night for a CAMRA award ceremony. As once again I was driving I had limited drinking opportunity, which is a shame as free beer always tastes better and the 9.2% barley wine they'd made on the pilot plant seemed to be very popular.


The main even was held in the new visitor centre/museum where some interesting pictures caught my eye. It seems Shep's once had a particularly strict version of the reinheitsgebot as their advertising slogan.


And at one point were keen to promote the regular drinking of Belgian beer.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like almost everthing that's brewed on that pilot plant turns out to be great. If only they then moved some of those beers into full production!

    BeerBirraBier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect the way the main brands at Shep's are brewed has a negative effect on the taste.

    ReplyDelete