Wednesday 20 February 2013

White smoke

No sooner have I whinged on about the fact you still can't bleedin' well buy Courage Imperial Russian Stout in Britain than it appear for sale on Amazon (thanks to @Will_Hawkes).





Now for the bad news. But you knew it was coming.

It costs a bleedin' fortune. £6.59 for a 275ml bottle + £6.99 postage. That would be about £27 a pint.

Now I have been waiting a long time, and I am keen to try it, but bollocks to paying that.

I'll have to wait and see how much it is when I finally see it in a shop, I'm bracing myself though.

5 comments:

  1. Fortunately for my non-existent children I'm not that much of a mug, but I will no doubt pick up a bottle at inflated prices when I see it in a shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered in bulk - 12 bottles - which cuts down on the shipping cost per bottle, but it still adds £2+ to the price of each one. Which angers me somewhat. However, I'm very keen to lay some of these down to see how they age, so it was grit teeth or go without.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm keen to compare it to the versions I've done but at that price It's going to be one bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't waste your money Ed - I've tried Courage's and yours. Yours is far better!

    Phil

    ReplyDelete