Friday 30 January 2015

A visit to a gastro pub

I recently found myself in a gastropub. I knew it was a gastropub as a friend had warned me that if I went there for lunch I'd need to get a kebab on the way home.



Forearmed with this knowledge I made sure that not only did I have a starter and a pudding, I got a side order of chips too.

The food did look like something out of Masterchef, and dare I say it was moist and well seasoned.



The chips came in a mug, I think it was inevitable something like that would happen, but fortunately they had enough crockery to cover the other courses. 

Doesn't it look posh?

The extra chips saved me from having to go home via the kebab house, and if you stuck to the set menu it wasn't too costly.

As to the all important beer and food pairing I saw they had Landlord on so stuck with that. It wasn't on top form, and had a slight haze, but it still went well with each of the courses. I could even be getting the hang of this beer and food pairing thing - get some beer, order some food and then drink the beer with your meal. Yes, I think I've cracked it.


They had another beer on hand pump, and there may have been other beers on the menu but I didn't look further once I'd seen the Landlord.

Even though the beer wasn't on top form I really enjoyed myself. The food was great and the staff were friendly. I could get used this eating posh thing.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had about seven fried eggs with your sausages. And serving your chips in an enamel mug is class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're not egg yolks, that was the vegetables.

    ReplyDelete