Saturday 9 January 2016

Beer on toast

Now you may think there's enough beer in my life already. And you'd be right. But when my favourite niece bought me some spreadable beer what could I do but open up a whole new avenue of beer consumption*.


The spreadable beer comes from Italy, which just shows the extent of the craft beer revolution. Unless it's made by a multinational, in which case it's part of an evil plot to destroy craft beer.


Actually, looking at the ingredients it says it's made with 40% craft beer so we can rest easy about the evil plot.

As to the taste it's kind of like lemon curd, but with beer. It's really too sweet to taste like beer (it's 47.5% sugar) but as a beery spread it's OK on toast.













* I haven't yet tried beer in the French manner so there are still other avenues to be explored. Or not as the case may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment