Thursday 18 June 2009

Lager that I like

Having just said I don't like lager I've now found one that I like. My brother in law brought me back a selection of beers from Dorset. Amongst the beers is a lager with the most bizarre blurb I've seen on a beer bottle for a long time: "Chesil is a melt in the mouth straw blond pilsner style real ale with a refreshing citrus and floral aroma and taste." You don't need to be a beer nerd to see that there's something odd about a beer branded as a "pilsner style real ale". But ignorant garbage on the label aside I'm sure I'm going to like it because it was free and free beer tastes better!

3 comments:

  1. Ingredients: Maris Otter and Cara Malt. Ammonite & Lubelski hops. That's gotta be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Ed I have to say I am a fan of the lagers myself, particularly ones that arnt 'lowest common denominator beers'. So that includes Helles, Bock, Dunkel and Pilsner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bocks I like, but I've hardly ever found them, even in Germany. I was really looking for refreshing beer I can drink straight from the fridge though, and bocks are a bit strong for that.

    ReplyDelete