This week I made a last minute decision to attend an event at Brewers' Hall. I hadn't been planning to go but I had an urgent need to gossip it's good to network, so I decided to go. It's a long while since I'd been the Brewers' Hall, the building of the medieval part of British brewing.
The event was put on by Heriot-Watt university, so not exculsively an event for brewers, but brewing was definitely the focus. ICBD big cheese Dawn Maskell give on report on the plans for the Centre for Advanced Brewing and Distilling before being joined by a student to talk about the latest Natural Selection beer, Alba Wild.
![]() |
| Jacob and Dawn |
It's flavoured with camomile, corriander and heather. Which did get my usual reaction to botanical beers, it could do with some hops! Pleasant enough though, I did get a second glass! The vice chancellor was also there to say some words, but he speaks with a forked tongue so I'll move on to the surprise scene stealer: the rug! Just look at it!
Beats any 'Spoons carpet, an it would look great in my living room. Except it's probably bigger than my living room. Then it was on to The Globe, a Nicholson's pub.
I was delighted to see they had Harvey's Best on. This meant I could raise a glass filled with appropriate beer to the brewing team at Harvey's, who all levelled up this week. In fact I had two pints. There were several people from supply companies there, who usually have no trouble putting beer on expenses. Two was more than enought though, so then it was time to head home.



No comments:
Post a Comment